1. Look at your wardrobe before you go and think about the gaps to shop for.
2. Consider going to shops in a higher price bracket than the ones you usually frequent, you’ll get better quality for what you might have spent in your usual shop.
3. Mentally check it will go with other things in your wardrobe, not just the black trousers/skirt or jeans….
4. Plan a coffee stop to re-energise.
5. If you wouldn’t normally buy it (for any other reason except price) then don’t buy it now!
6. If you are ordering on-line, if you can refund items, order a couple of sizes if you are unsure, otherwise they may have sold out by the time you go to exchange it.
7. Don’t forget accessories, these can alter outfits and add interest.
Image courtesy of freeimages.com/MichaelLorenzo